Monday 16 September 2024

God knows

God brings people into our lives.

He knows there are too many needs in the world for us to cope with (at times it can be overwhelming) so he chooses a few people at different times to connect us with particularly.

On Friday I visited some of "my" such people. We had an encouraging time together, talking about what God was doing, had done in their lives and their hopes and ideas for the future.

Two of them waited until I'd gone home before getting in touch again and asking for money (this was after I'd left them with a selection of non-monetary gifts). I'm sure you can imagine the human feelings this gave rise to.

My first opportunity of sending them money came today so off I went to the bank. All the time another person's name kept sounding in my head (though I hadn't been in touch with her for weeks) so I thought I should send the same amount to her.

So far she has been the only one to respond.

She was praying, bringing her needs, and those of her child, before the Lord, not knowing how she was going to do what was necessary. The little I could send was an answer to her prayer. She didn't know I was back in South Africa. I didn't know her immediate need.

God did and he connected us. 

Sometimes people are too ready to take the easy way, to assume that because God has used a particular method or person to meet needs in the past, that's the route we should always take. He knows our needs even before we can express them.  He has an infinite variety of ways in which he'll meet them and he likes to keep things interesting.

Don't dismiss the name that pops into your head just because you don't why it's there. Learn to recognise the voice of the Holy Spirit. Trust and obey. Step out in faith and see what the Lord will do. He is awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment