Wednesday 27 March 2024

Connections

 Every second Wednesday I go into Drakenstein Maximum Correctional Centre to facilitate groups of guitar and ocarina learners. This music initiative stems from the prayers of one of the inmates a couple of years ago who asked God to send someone to help him read music. He attends the Tuesday Bible study and was surprised when it turned out that I knew enough about reading music to be able to help him. Since then we have been bringing music into the lives of many of the other inmates and frequently being reminded of how God takes an interest.

On Sunday we had "Lord we lift your name on high" at the church I attend. As we sang, I felt it would be a good song to take into Maximum for the guitar group.

Experience has taught me it's a good idea to act upon such feelings.

When he saw the sheets I'd brought, the inmate said that again God knows. He wanted to use the song for church in Maximum on Easter Sunday and was going to ask if I had the music.

Coincidence, or God making connections?

No comments:

Post a Comment